Dynamically change enumeration list of DRM enumeration property

Yogish Kulkarni yogishkulkarni at gmail.com
Tue May 26 04:31:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

Is it possible to dynamically change enumeration list of  DRM enumeration
property ? Motivation behind this question is to understand whether it is
possible to create connector enum property (e.g a property which will list
supported output encodings -  like yuv420, yuv422 etc) whose list of
supported enum values could be changed dynamically e.g. based on which sink
is connected.

I think there is existing EDID connector property whose value changes based
on connected sink. EDID is a BLOB property, I am trying to understand if
this is also possible for ENUM type property. There is
"drm_property_replace_blob" to replace blob but I wasn't able to find any
API which could replace list of supported enums. Alternatively, would it be
good idea to destroy custom enum property created by a driver and create
new enum property with new list of supported enums e.g when there is a
HOTPLUG event.

Thanks,
-Yogish