Dynamically change enumeration list of DRM enumeration property

Yogish Kulkarni yogishkulkarni at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:51:58 UTC 2020

Thanks, Daniel & Pekka.

It might be bad idea to destroy and re-create the connector enum property
from HOTPLUG handler in DRM. But if this is done through
DRM_IOCTL_MODE_GETCONNECTOR, there won't be race, right ? From code walk
through it seems that Weston will call this IOCTL for newly connected
display found through HOTPLUG event and DRM driver will update the EDID
through the call sequence triggered by this IOCTL. On the similar line if
existing connector property is destroyed and re-created with new enmu list
through this IOCTL call chain, then there won't be race ?

Thanks,
-Yogish