[git pull] drm fixes for 5.7-rc8/final

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:02:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, 29 May 2020 at 11:49, Linus Torvalds

> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 5:21 PM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Seems to have wound down nicely, a couple of i915 fixes, amdgpu fixes
> > and minor ingenic fixes.
>
> Dave, this doesn't even build. WTF?
>
> In drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/selftest_lrc.c, there's a
> engine_heartbeat_disable() function that takes two arguments, but the
> new "live_timeslice_nopreempt()" gives it only one.
>
> I'd blame a merge problem, since the failure is in new code, but the
> problem exists in your top-of-tree, not just my merge.
>
> In fact, it's not even your merge of the i915 tree that is the source
> of the problem (although the fact that you clearly didn't _test_ the
> end result most definitely is _part_ of the problem!).
>
> Because the problem exists in the commit that introduced that thing:
> commit 1f65efb624c4 ("drm/i915/gt: Prevent timeslicing into
> unpreemptable requests").
>
> It's garbage, and never compiled.

I thought I'd dropped the ball completely. but I see it's a selftest
failure, I must not have selftests built in my config here, I don't do
exhaustive builds randconfig

This has also been built by Intel, but I'm assuming they missed their
selftest bits as well.

I'll revert that and resend.

Sorry for the noise. I'll add self tests to my builds here for future ones.
Dave.