[git pull] drm next pull for 5.10-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Nov 15 17:57:29 UTC 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 2:20 PM Kirill A. Shutemov <kirill at shutemov.name> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:33:08AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> >       drm/nouveau/kms: Search for encoders' connectors properly
>
> This commit (09838c4efe9a) broke boot for me. These two hunks in
> particular:

Christ. It's been two weeks. I'm doing -rc4 today, and I still don't
have the fix.

The problem seems entirely obvious, as reported by Kirill: the nv50
code unconditionally calls the "atomic_{dis,en}able()" functions, even
when not everybody was converted.

The fix seems to be to either just do the conversion of the remaining
cases (which looks like just adding an argument to the remaining
functions, and using that for the "atomic" callback), or the trivial
suggestion by Kirill from two weeks ago:

> I hacked up patch to use help->disable/help->enable if atomic_ versions
> are NULL. It worked.

Kirill, since the nouveau people aren't fixing this, can you just send
me your tested patch?

Lyude/Ben - let me just say that I think this is all a huge disgrace.

You had a problem report with a bisected commit, a suggested fix, and
two weeks later there's absolutely _nothing_.

              Linus