linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the drm-intel tree

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Oct 1 10:39:17 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gem/i915_gem_pages.c

between commit:

  4caf017ee937 ("drm/i915/gem: Avoid implicit vmap for highmem on x86-32")
  ba2ebf605d5f ("drm/i915/gem: Prevent using pgprot_writecombine() if PAT is not supported")

from the drm-intel tree and patch:

  "drm/i915: use vmap in i915_gem_object_map"

from the akpm tree.

I fixed it up (I just dropped the changes in the former commits) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell