linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the drm-intel tree

Joonas Lahtinen joonas.lahtinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 2 10:17:58 UTC 2020

Quoting Daniel Vetter (2020-10-01 18:13:26)
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 5:08 PM Jani Nikula <jani.nikula at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> > > Uh these patches shouldn't be in linux-next because they're for 5.11,
> > > not the 5.10 merge window that will open soon. Joonas?
> >
> > I don't know anything else, but both are tagged Cc: stable.
>
> Uh right I got confused, they're on -fixes now. Well -next-fixes,
> which seems like the wrong one for a cc: stable, I guess this should
> go into 5.9 even. Apologies for my confusion.

Yep, they happen to be Fixes: (Cc: stable even) so I asked Rodrigo to
pull them to drm-intel-next-fixes.

If they weren't Fixes: then indeed they would only have been queued for
5.11.

With regards to 5.9, due to the hiccup of doing the split PR, all the
-fixes for GT area were in limbo until -rc7. We didn't feel comfortable
including all the new commits this late in the cycle, so we agreed stable
porting those will be more appropriate.

Regards, Joonas