No subject

Thomas Zimmermann tzimmermann at suse.de
Fri Oct 9 07:51:51 UTC 2020

Hi

Am 09.10.20 um 09:38 schrieb Sandeep Raghuraman:

> On 10/9/20 12:44 PM, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Am 09.10.20 um 08:47 schrieb Thomas Zimmermann:
>>> NACK for the entire lack of any form of commit description.
>>
>> Please see the documentation at [1] on how to describe the changes and
>> getting your patches merged.
>
> Yes, I tried to use git send-email to send patches this time, and it resulted in this disaster. I'll stick to sending them through Thunderbird.

What's the problem with send-email?

A typical call for your patchset would look like

  git send-mail <upstream-branch>...HEAD --cover-letter --annotate

That allows you to write the cover letter and have it sent out. IIRC you
need ot set $EDITOR to your favorite text editor; and configure the SMTP
server in ~/.gitconfig, under [sendemail].

Best regards
Thomas