DRM_TEGRA_SUBMIT_BUF_WRITE_RELOC

Mikko Perttunen cyndis at kapsi.fi
Wed Sep 9 08:10:19 UTC 2020

On 9/9/20 2:45 AM, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:
> 05.09.2020 13:34, Mikko Perttunen пишет:
>> +/* Submission */
>> +
>> +/** Patch address of the specified mapping in the submitted gather. */
>> +#define DRM_TEGRA_SUBMIT_BUF_WRITE_RELOC		(1<<0)
>
> Shouldn't the kernel driver be aware about what relocations need to be
> patched? Could you please explain the purpose of this flag?

Sure, the kernel knows if it returned the IOVA to the user or not, so we
could remove this flag and determine it implicitly. I don't think there
is much harm in it though; if we have the flag an application can decide
to ignore the iova field and just pass WRITE_RELOC always, and it's not
really any extra code on kernel side.

Mikko