per-plane LUTs and CSCs?

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at oss.nxp.com
Thu Sep 10 09:30:09 UTC 2020

Hi Pekka,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 11:50:26AM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:52:26 +0200
> Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 10:25:43AM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hmm, so FB -> CSC -> LUT -> CSC -> blending?
>
> Is it then
> 	blending -> LUT -> CSC -> encoder
> or
> 	blending -> CSC -> LUT -> encoder?

The DCSS pipeline topology is this:

FB1->CSC_A->LUT->CSC_B-\
FB2->CSC_A->LUT->CSC_B-|-blender->LUT->CSC_O->encoder
FB3->CSC_A->LUT->CSC_B-/

Basically, CSC_A is used to convert to a common colorspace if needed
(YUV->RGB) as well as to perform pixel range conversions: limited->full.
CSC_B is for gamut conversions(like 709->2020). The CSC_O is used to
convert to the colorspace used by the output (like RGB->YUV).

> Are all these LUTs per-channel 1D LUTs or something else?

LUTs are 3D, per pixel component.

Thanks,
laurentiu