remove alloc_vm_area v2

Joonas Lahtinen joonas.lahtinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 29 12:43:30 UTC 2020

Quoting Christoph Hellwig (2020-09-28 15:37:41)
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 01:13:38PM +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:
> > I think we have a gap that after splitting the drm-intel-next pull requests into
> > two the drm-intel/for-linux-next branch is now missing material from
> > drm-intel/drm-intel-gt-next.
> >
> > I think a simple course of action might be to start including drm-intel-gt-next
> > in linux-next, which would mean that we should update DIM tooling to add
> > extra branch "drm-intel/gt-for-linux-next" or so.
> >
> > Which specific patches are missing in this case?
>
> The two dependencies required by my series not in mainline are:
>
>     drm/i915/gem: Avoid implicit vmap for highmem on x86-32
>     drm/i915/gem: Prevent using pgprot_writecombine() if PAT is not supported
>
> so it has to be one or both of those.

Hmm, those are both committed after our last -next pull request, so they
would normally only target next merge window. drm-next closes the merge
window around -rc5 already.

But, in this specific case those are both Fixes: patches with Cc: stable,
so they should be pulled into drm-intel-next-fixes PR.

Rodrigo, can you cherry-pick those patches to -next-fixes that you send
to Dave?

Regards, Joonas