[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Linux Graphics Next: Explicit fences everywhere and no BO fences - initial proposal

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:46:08 UTC 2021

I'll defer to Christian and Alex to decide whether dropping sync with
non-amd devices (GPUs, cameras etc.) is acceptable.

Rewriting those drivers to this new sync model could be done on a case by
case basis.

For now, would we only lose the "amd -> external" dependency? Or the
"external -> amd" dependency too?

Marek