[Intel-gfx] linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the drm-intel tree

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Aug 10 06:27:25 UTC 2021

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 09:19:39AM -0700, Matt Roper wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 04:05:59PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 09:36:56AM +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:
> > > Hi Matt,
> > >
> > > Always use the dim tooling when applying patches, it will do the right
> > > thing with regards to adding the S-o-b.
> >
> > fd.o server rejects any pushes that haven't been done by dim, so how did
> > this get through?
>
> I definitely used dim for all of these patches, but I'm not sure how I
> lost my s-o-b on this one.  Maybe when I edited the commit message after
> 'dim extract-tags' I accidentally deleted an extra line when I removed
> the extract-tags marker?  It's the only patch where the line is missing,
> so it's almost certainly human error on my part rather than something
> dim did wrong.

Yeah that's an expected failure model, and dim is supposed to catch that
by rechecking for sobs when you push. See dim_push_branch ->
checkpatch_commit_push_range in dim. So you can hand-edit stuff however
you want, dim /should/ catch it when pushing. That it didn't is kinda
confusing and I'd like to know why that slipped through.

> > Matt, can you pls figure out and type up the patch to
> > plug that hole?
>
> Are you referring to a patch for dim here?  The i915 patch has already
> landed, so we can't change its commit message now.

Yeah dim, not drm-intel, that can't be fixed anymore because it's all
baked in.
-Daniel