[GIT PULL] ib-drm-gpio-pdx86-rtc-wdt-v5.12-1

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 10:35:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2/3/21 10:54 AM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 4:23 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 1/26/21 1:38 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> This is first part of Intel MID outdated platforms removal. It's collected into
>>> immutable branch with a given tag, please pull to yours subsystems.
>>>
>>> (All changes are tagged by the respective maintainers)
>
>> Erm, I already have this 2 in platform-drivers-x86/for-next since you said that
>> these 2 could be merged independently.
>>
>> Anyways I just did a test-merge and there is no conflict, so everything is ok.
>>
>> From my pov this looks good and I plan to merge this into platform-drivers-x86/for-next
>> before the merge-window.
>>
>> I'm going to hold off on doing that for a bit for now in case one of the other
>> subsys maintainers has any objections.
>
> Any news on this? Have you pulled it somewhere (I don't see it in Linux next)?

I was going through all pending pdx86 stuff yesterday to prep for the upcoming
merge-window. I was doing so in FIFO order and I ran out of steam just as I got
to this pull-req.

So today is a new day and after sending out a fixes pull-req for 5.11 this is
(was) the first thing on my list.

I've merged this into my review-hans now (and I will push it to for-next soon).

I did one last check of all the commits after merging, and I found one small
issue.

The "gpio: msic: Remove driver for deprecated platform" commit forgets to
drop the Makefile line for the msic driver:

obj-$(CONFIG_GPIO_MSIC)                 += gpio-msic.o

This is not a reason to redo the entire branch, but it would be good if you
can do a follow up patch to fix this.

Regards,

Hans