[GIT PULL] ib-drm-gpio-pdx86-rtc-wdt-v5.12-1

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 10:50:03 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2/4/21 11:36 AM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 11:19 AM Patrik Jakobsson
> <patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 1:00 PM Andy Shevchenko
>> <andy.shevchenko at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have noticed new commits in DRM against GMA500 and it seems now in a
>>> conflict with my immutable branch. Are you sure you don't forget to
>>> pull it?
>>
>> Hi Andy, sorry I missed pulling the immutable branch before taking the
>> gma500 medfield removal. I was unsure how to do that through drm-misc
>> and it's tools so I got sidetracked. What would be the correct way to
>> fix this?
>
> Imo Linus can resolve this, it's pretty trivial, as long as both pull
> requests point it out to him.

The removal of older Intel platforms touches a number of subsystem trees,
the idea about the IM branch was that all subsystem-trees would merge that.

I can certainly point out the problem in the pdx86 pull-req to Linus,
but the GPIO pull-req also contains a merge of the IM branch as will
the x86/tip and rtc pull-reqs I believe. We can add a remark to all
the pull-reqs about the issue I guess ?

But it might be better to still merge the branch into drm-misc-next and
resolve the conflict there. I think that should avoid Linus seeing it ?

Regards,

Hans