linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the drm-misc tree

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Fri Feb 5 13:05:21 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:14 PM Patrik Jakobsson
<patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:07 PM Andy Shevchenko
> <andy.shevchenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks. I already asked Patrik yesterday day if DRM missed to pull an immutable tag I provided. I think they can pull and resolve conflicts themselves. Alternatively it would be easy to resolve by Linus by removing Kconfig lines along with mentioned files,
> >
> > Patrik, I have sent a PR again, so you may consider pulling it, thanks!
>
> Daniel, is this something you can pull into drm or ask one of the
> drm-misc maintainers to do?

We've already created the conflict, and my understanding is that Linus
wants to have visibility into conflict-y stuff and doesn't mind at all
resolving conflicts. Hence for 5.12 I think we're fine as-is.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation