Not 100% sure if I correctly fixed drm-tip

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 11 15:02:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021, Christian König <christian.koenig at amd.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I had a conflict this morning in the ttm pool while pushing an important
> fix to drm-misc-fixes.
>
> I'm not 100% sure if I correctly fixed up drm-tip. How can this be
> double checked? And how can it be fixed if the merge has gone bad?

I'm afraid there's a problem; bb52cb0dec8d ("drm/ttm: make the pool
shrinker lock a mutex") in upstream and drm-misc-fixes creates a silent
conflict with ba051901d10f ("drm/ttm: add a debugfs file for the global
page pools") in drm-misc-next, causing the latter to use
spin_lock/unlock on a mutex.

But while you hit a conflict, it does look like the conflict breaking
the build is silent, AFAICT the spinlock part does not conflict. So a
fixup patch in drm-rerere is probably needed until there are some
backmerges.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center