[RFC 3/3] drm/i915/gt: Export device and per-process runtimes via procfs

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 15:16:07 UTC 2021

Quoting Emil Velikov (2021-02-12 14:57:56)
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 12:11, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Register with /proc/gpu to provide the client runtimes for generic
> > top-like overview, e.g. gnome-system-monitor can use this information to
> > show the per-process multi-GPU usage.
> >
> Exposing this information to userspace sounds great IMHO and like the
> proposed "channels" for the device engines.
> If it were me, I would have the channel names a) exposed to userspace
> and b) be a "fixed set".

- Total
- Graphics
- Compute
- Unified
- Video
- Copy
- Display
- Other

Enough versatility for the foreseeable future?
But plan for extension.

The other aspect then is the capacity of each channel. We can keep it
simple as the union/average (whichever the driver has to hand) runtime in
nanoseconds over all IP blocks within a channel.
-Chris