ITE66121 HDMI driver

Paul Cercueil paul at crapouillou.net
Mon Feb 15 12:01:42 UTC 2021

Le lun. 15 févr. 2021 à 10:05, Neil Armstrong
<narmstrong at baylibre.com> a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 14/02/2021 00:54, Paul Cercueil wrote:
>>  Hi Phong and Neil,
>>
>>  I see you sent a patchset to support the ITE66121 HDMI transmitter,
>> last version being the V2 back in March 2020.
>>
>>  Do you still plan to mainline it?
>
> Yes, we still plan to mainline it.

Ok, great!

>>  I do have a device with a ITE66121 chip, so I can help to clean the
>> driver and have it mainlined. But right now I cannot get the driver
>> to work, while the chip is properly detected and correct DDC data is
>> read,, my PC monitor does not detect any signal.
>
> Having DDC read working is a good point...
>
> Did you check the DPI data setup ? the chip supports dual data rate
> input, and the last version only supported it via a DT property.

If "dual data rate" means two pixels per pixclock tick, then my SoC
does not support it. I did try both modes though.

The other thing is that my SoC has no VDE/HDE pins, so (according to
the manual) I have to have the chip recreate these signals from
videomode information. Which I did, and I get the "video stable" status
bit, but I still cannot get anything on screen.

Cheers,
-Paul