nouveau: failed to initialise sync

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Jul 14 15:02:18 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 03:02:21PM +0200, Christian König wrote:
> Am 14.07.21 um 14:56 schrieb Kirill A. Shutemov:
> > On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 08:58:37AM +0200, Christian König wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > yes nouveau was using the same functionality for internal BOs without
> > > noticing it. This is fixes by the following commit:
> > >
> > > commit d098775ed44021293b1962dea61efb19297b8d02
> > > Author: Christian König <christian.koenig at amd.com>
> > > Date:   Wed Jun 9 19:25:56 2021 +0200
> > >
> > >      drm/nouveau: init the base GEM fields for internal BOs
> > >
> > >      TTMs buffer objects are based on GEM objects for quite a while
> > >      and rely on initializing those fields before initializing the TTM BO.
> > >
> > >      Nouveau now doesn't init the GEM object for internally allocated BOs,
> > >      so make sure that we at least initialize some necessary fields.
> > >
> > > Could be that the patch needs to be send to stable as well.
> > The regression is present in v5.14-rc1. Any idea when it will hit
> > upstream? I don't see it being applied to drm=next.
>
> Well that question needs to answer Dave or somebody else from the drm-misc
> maintainer team.
>
> This fix together with some others are already in drm-misc-next-fixes
> waiting to be pushed upstream, but it looks like that hasn't happened yet.
>
> Even Linus already pinged me where the fix for qxl got stuck.

Yeah there was some missed patches. drm-misc-fixes is now in drm-fixes,
and drm-misc-next-fixes is included in drm-misc-fixes, for which Thomas
will do a pull request on Thu so it will land in -rc2.

It should also now be in linux-next.

But yes somehow bugfixes got a bit lost during the merge window.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation