[RFC 6/8] drm: Document fdinfo format specification

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Jul 23 16:47:30 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 05:43:01PM +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi Tvrtko,
> Thanks for typing this up!
>
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:18, Tvrtko Ursulin
> <tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > +Mandatory fully standardised keys
> > +---------------------------------
> > +
> > +- drm-driver: <str>
> > +
> > +String shall contain a fixed string uniquely identified the driver handling
> > +the device in question. For example name of the respective kernel module.
>
> I think let's be more prescriptive and just say that it is the module name.

Just a quick comment on this one.

drm_driver.name is already uapi, so let's please not invent a new one. The
shared code should probably make sure drivers don't get this wrong. Maybe
good if we document the getverion ioctl, which also exposes this, and then
link between the two.
-Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter