gma500: issue with continue statement not doing anything useful

Colin Ian King colin.king at canonical.com
Fri Jun 18 10:26:06 UTC 2021

Hi,

Static analysis with Coverity has found a rather old issue in
drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/oaktrail_crtc.c with the following commit:

commit 9bd81acdb648509dbbc32d4da0477c9fae0d6a73
Author: Patrik Jakobsson <patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Dec 19 21:41:33 2011 +0000

    gma500: Convert Oaktrail to work with new output handling

The analysis is as follows:

114        /* Find the connector we're trying to set up */
115        list_for_each_entry(connector, &mode_config->connector_list,
head) {
116                if (!connector->encoder || connector->encoder->crtc
!= crtc)

   Continue has no effect (NO_EFFECT)useless_continue: Statement
continue does not have any effect.

117                        continue;
118        }
119
120        if (!connector) {
121                DRM_ERROR("Couldn't find connector when setting mode");
122                gma_power_end(dev);
123                return;
124        }

Currently it appears the loop just iterates to the end of the list
without doing anything useful. I'm not sure what the original intent
was, so I'm not sure how this should be fixed.

Colin