[PATH 0/4] [RFC] Support virtual DRM

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Jun 23 08:04:47 UTC 2021

For a specific example, https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/merge_requests/1620 allows app-to-screen latency as low as ~6 ms (including a fixed 2 ms buffer to avoid skipped frames). mutter doesn't use KMS planes yet, but if anything I'd expect that to help rather than hurt for latency (if the compositor doesn't need to draw anything).

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com