linux-next: build warning after merge of the drm-intel-fixes tree

Imre Deak imre.deak at intel.com
Mon Mar 29 18:23:35 UTC 2021

Hi Stephen,

thanks for the report.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 09:01:17AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 19:58:38 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > After merging the drm-intel-fixes tree, today's linux-next build
> > (htmldocs) produced this warning:
> >
> > Documentation/gpu/i915:22: /drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_runtime_pm.c:423: WARNING: Inline strong start-string without end-string.

The problem seems to be the

	@ignore_usecount=true

part in __intel_runtime_pm_get_if_active()'s docbook documentation. I
can't see the problem with it, it was meant as a reference to the
function parameter, granted I'm not sure what's the proper markup syntax
for this.

I will follow up with the following change which suppresses the warning
and renders the html as expected unless someone can suggest a better
way:

- * If @ignore_usecount=true, a reference will be acquired even if there is no
+ * If @ignore_usecount is true, a reference will be acquired even if there is no

--Imre