[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Linux Graphics Next: Explicit fences everywhere and no BO fences - initial proposal

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:16:23 UTC 2021

I see some mentions of XNACK and recoverable page faults. Note that all
gaming AMD hw that has userspace queues doesn't have XNACK, so there is no
overhead in compute units. My understanding is that recoverable page faults
are still supported without XNACK, but instead of the compute unit
replaying the faulting instruction, the L1 cache does that. Anyway, the
point is that XNACK is totally irrelevant here.

Marek