Enabling sample_c optimization for Broadwell GPUs

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Wed May 5 15:35:46 UTC 2021

Hello,

Yes, that bit only exists on Haswell.  On Haswell, sample_c operations
were processed at 1 pixel/clock unless you set that bit, in which case
they get processed at 4 pixels/clock.  The downside is that it breaks
some obscure media feature that apparently no one used.

Broadwell and later alway process sample_c operations at the fast speed,
and there is no bit to control it.  I would say that downstream patch is
incorrect.

--Ken