Questions about KMS flip

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Nov 5 18:13:47 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 04, 2021 at 12:44:34PM -0400, Harry Wentland wrote:
> +Nick
>
> It looks to be the old drm_plane_state->fb holds that reference. See dm_plane_helper_cleanup_fb() in amdgpu_dm.c.

Yup plane state holds reference for its entire existing (well this holds
in general as design principle for atomic state structs, just makes life
easier). And the plane state is guaranteed to exist from when we first pin
(prepare_fb plane hook) to when it's getting unpinned (cleanup_fb plane
hook).

Out of curiosity, what's blowing up?
-Daniel

--