[git pull] drm for 5.14-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Sep 18 23:06:35 UTC 2021

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 3:48 PM Sudip Mukherjee
<sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, I have now tested by reverting those two commits and I still get
> the same trace on rpi4.

Ok. I'm afraid we really need to have the VC4 people figure it out - I
count do the two reverts that are reported to fix the RPi3 issue, but
it looks like the RPi4 pulseaudio issue needs something else.

Any chance you could bisect that?

Actually, looking at that first report of yours, the RPi4 sound
problem apparently happened in the range

    9e9fb7655ed5..7c636d4d20f8

and while that range does have a drm merge from Dave Airlie, it _also_
has a sound merge from Takashi and various ARM SoC updates from Arnd.

But most (all?) of the changes in that range to the vc4 source code
came from the drm tree. And Maxime in particular. I think.

            Linus