[git pull] drm for 5.14-rc1

Maxime Ripard maxime at cerno.tech
Mon Sep 20 17:32:55 UTC 2021

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 10:10:57AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:17 AM Maxime Ripard <maxime at cerno.tech> wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I find that situation to be a bit ridiculous.
>
> Honestly, the original report about the pulseaudio problem came in
> over two weeks ago, and all you seemed to do was to ignore everything
> that Sudip said and reported.
>
> THAT is the ridiculous part.
>
> The rules for the kernel are very clear: regressions get fixed or they
> get reverted. And I saw absolutely _zero_ indication that you took
> that pulseaudio oops at all seriously.

I wasn't questioning the revert itself though, I can see how you took
that decision for the audio patch.

What I was interested in was more about the context itself, and I'd
still like an answer on whether it's ok to wait for a review for 5
months though, or if it's an expectation from now on that we are
supposed to fix bugs over the week-end.

Maxime