drm: simpledrm: fbdev emulation error with CONFIG_DRM_SIMPLEDRM enabled

Zoltán Kővágó dirty.ice.hu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 18:45:13 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2021-09-24 20:19, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
> Ask Nvidia.
I've tried nouveau in the meantime, but it takes over simpledrm (and
changes the screen resolution and turns on the secondary display), so
it's completely different. And it also works, at half the performance.

>> Any ideas what should I try? Everything worked well with 5.13 and its
>> simplefb.
>
> I'd suggest to go back to simplefb for a while and maybe try simpledrm
> occasionally.
Oh, I was under the impression that simplefb was removed from the
kernel. It turns out it just has `depends on (FB = y) &&
!DRM_SIMPLEDRM`, so it didn't show up in the config after I enabled
simpledrm. Ouch.
Based on a quick test, simplefb fortunately still appears to work.

Thanks,
Zoltan