imx8mm lcdif->dsi->adv7535 no video, no errors

Marco Felsch m.felsch at pengutronix.de
Mon Aug 1 22:55:38 UTC 2022

Hi Fabio, Adam,

+Cc Marek, Robert, Laurentiu

On 22-08-01, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 12:16 PM Adam Ford <aford173 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I am trying to test Jagan's patch series [1] to add support for the
> > samsung dsim bridge which is used on the imx8mm to output DSI video.
> > The DSIM gets the video from the mxsfb, and in my case, the DSI is
> > sent to the adv7535 for connecting to HDMI.
>
> I had to add some extra patches on top of Jagan's imx8mm-dsi-v3 to get
> HDMI output functional on a imx8mm-evk via ADV7535:
>
> https://github.com/fabioestevam/kernel/commits/imx8mm-dsi-v3

You have a few interesting patches from Marek and Robert I didn't
noticed yet :)

Question is, does your setup work for all modes after applying your
patches and without using the NXP-downstream porches settings? We also
have a few patches in our queue for the porch calculation which we wanna
send as soon as possible as we verified our assumptions.

Regards,
  Marco