Balancing ttm_mem_io_reserve() and ttm_mem_io_free()

Thomas Hellström thomas.hellstrom at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 19 08:13:53 UTC 2022

Hi Christian,

I'm looking for a way to take some sort of reference across possible
VRAM accesses  over the PCI bar, be it for runtime PM, workarounds or
whatever.

The ttm_mem_io_reserve/free seems like a good candidate, but is
completely unbalanced and looks racy. In particular error paths forget
to call ttm_mem_io_free().

Would you have any objections if I took a look at attempting to balance
calls to those functions, or do you have any other suggestions for a
better method?

Thanks,

Thomas