connecting a sn65dsi86 to displayport connector

Rasmus Villemoes rasmus.villemoes at prevas.dk
Thu Jul 7 09:46:24 UTC 2022

On 05/07/2022 17.10, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> Hi Rasmus,
>
> Quoting Rasmus Villemoes (2022-07-05 10:08:37)
>> Hi
>>
>> I have an imx8mp board with a sn65dsi86 and a (full-size) DisplayPort
>> connector, which I'm trying to get up and running.

[...]
>> Any hints would be highly appreciated.
>
> If it helps, this is an area I've been working to support one of our
> boards. I have a branch at:
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kbingham/rcar.git
>  kbingham/drm-misc/next/sn65dsi86/hpd
>
> But it's still a work in progress, and now needs rebasing to account for
> Sam's latest updates.
>
> I intend to resume this in a few weeks, but hopefully that branch may
> have some helpful pointers to get things progressing for you too.

Hi Kieran

Thanks for the pointer, I'll take a look. But just to be clear: Is the
board you're referring to above the same as the one where the DT changes
went in with commit 5a6bca1ff7 ? Or does that Falcon board work with the
current state of mainline, and the patches in the above branch are to
support some other board/use case?

Thanks,
Rasmus