[git pull] drm for 5.18-rc1

Guenter Roeck linux at roeck-us.net
Thu Mar 24 19:16:06 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 12:30:02PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> This is the main drm pull request for 5.18.
>
> The summary changelog is below, lots of work all over,
> Intel improving DG2 support, amdkfd CRIU support, msm
> new hw support, and faster fbdev support.
>
> Conflicts:
> I did a merge into your tree this morning, couple of Kconfig
> clashes, drm_cache.c needs an ioport.h include to avoid a build
> fail due to other header refactoring. I think you should be able
> to handle it.
>
> External interactions:
> - dma-buf-map gets renamed to iosys-map
> - this adds a yes/no helper to the strings helpers, and it's used
>   in some other code.
> - platform driver for chromeos privacy screen
>
> Let me know if there are any issues.

[ ... ]
>       fbdev: Improve performance of cfb_imageblit()

As reported as reponse to the patch submission, this patch causes crashes
with qemu's mainstone, z2, and collie emulations. Reverting it fixes the
problem.

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address e090d000
[e090d000] *pgd=c0c0b811c0c0b811, *pte=c0c0b000, *ppte=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 807 [#1] ARM
CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: swapper Not tainted 5.17.0-next-20220324 #1
Hardware name: Sharp-Collie
PC is at cfb_imageblit+0x58c/0x6e0

Guenter