drm-tip merge conflict caused by recent merge of amd-drm-next into drm-next

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 8 12:13:16 UTC 2022

On 08/11/2022 09:24, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi Alex, et al.,
>
> I just pushed 2 simple DMI quirk patches
> (for drivers/gpu/drm/drm_panel_orientation_quirks.c)
> to drm-misc-fixes.
>
> At the end of the dim push-branch I noticed that
> rebuilding drm-tip failed due to a merge error
> when merging in drm-next .
>
> Looking at the 3-way diff of the conflict, this seems
> to be caused by amd-drm-next-6.2-2022-11-04 landing
> in drm-next.
>
> I'm not familiar with the code causing the conflict
> and I believe this is best resolved by someone who
> is more familiar with the code.

We really do need a better process for these things. In recent past I
tried pinging on IRC but that was a bit hit and miss. More miss than hit
even.

This one I actually fixed up, since I had an i915 conflict to deal with
due drm-intel-fixes, it looked straight forward and did not feel like
waiting. Please guys do check if I did it correctly.

Regards,

Tvrtko