IMX6 etnaviv issue

Chris Healy cphealy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 02:06:25 UTC 2022

I can't speak to why you are experiencing issues when using the GPU,
but in the examples you gave, the example that is working is using a
SW based GL implementation instead of the real GPU.  This can be
determined by looking at the GL_RENDERER string to see if it mentions
a Vivante GPU or something else (like LLVMPIPE).  It's quite likely
that if you were using the real GPU with etnaviv in Mesa with the
older config you would also experience similar issues.  As such, we
shouldn't consider this a regression between the two Ubuntu versions.

One thing you may want to try doing is run with Mesa 22.2.1 and TOT to
see if either of these address any of the issues you are experiencing.