next-20230110: arm64: defconfig+kselftest config boot failed - Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address fffffffffffffff8

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Jan 11 12:28:58 UTC 2023

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 11:34:41AM +0100, Neil Armstrong wrote:

> I merged a fix that could be related: https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230109220033.31202-1-m.szyprowski@samsung.com/

> This could make the driver to return from probe while not totally probed, and explain such error.

We're seeing issues in all configs on meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc
today, not just with the kselftest fragment.  The initial failuire seems
to be:

[   17.337253] WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 123 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_bridge.c:1257 drm_bridge_hpd_enable+0x8c/0x94 [drm]

full log at:

   https://storage.kernelci.org/next/master/next-20230111/arm64/defconfig/gcc-10/lab-broonie/baseline-meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.txt

and links to other logs at:

  https://linux.kernelci.org/test/job/next/branch/master/kernel/next-20230111/plan/baseline/

Today's -next does have that fix in it so it's not fixing whatever the
original issue was, I suspect it might even be exposing other issues.
We are however still seeing the stack filling up, even with a GCC 10
defconfig build.