Kernel v6.1: Plane IDs values incremented by 2, why ?

Vaghela, Sunil sunil.vaghela at amd.com
Thu Jan 19 12:08:42 UTC 2023

[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Hi,

With Kernel v5.15 -> v6.1 upgradation, I have noticed that, now consecutive Plane IDs values are incremented by 2 each time. i.e. 34,36,38. In kernel v5.15, it was incremented by 1. i.e. 34,35,36...
I attached modetest log with kernel v6.1.

Is this change expected with new Kernel v6.1 ? If Yes, can you please elaborate the requirement/change.

Best regards,
Sunil Vaghela