pr-tracker-bot for drm subsystem?

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at intel.com
Mon Jan 23 13:13:33 UTC 2023

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023, Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 09:09:18AM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:
>>
>> Konstantin?
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to scholz you around.

This reply alone was worth the wait. ;D

> The pr-tracker-bot is very much a
> bespoke solution for Linus, so adapting it to other subsystems is not very
> trivial, which is why I've been sitting on this request without any movement.
>
> The code for the bot is available here:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/tree/pr-tracker-bot.py
>
> I can take a look at it in the future, but at the moment I'm still not able to
> work on it, sorry. :(

I guess the question still stands: Regardless of who modifies the
tracker bot and when, do you think you could take on running it for
other subsystems, provided the changes are to your liking, or should the
subsystems adapt it and run their own?

If the latter, there's just not all that much incentive to make it nice,
especially so if you say it's not trivial. It'll just be copy and make
it bespoke for the other subsystem.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center