[ANNOUNCE] pixfmtdb

Simon Ser contact at emersion.fr
Mon Jan 23 22:43:35 UTC 2023

On Monday, January 23rd, 2023 at 21:25, Sebastian Wick <sebastian.wick at redhat.com> wrote:

> Why is the TF defined for GL formats and both the primaries and TF for
> Vulkan formats? The only exception here should be sRGB formats. Where
> did you get the information from?

This is what upstream dfdutils does [1]. Can you explain why you think
it should be undefined instead of linear?

I was wondering what to do for DRM formats regarding these. I think it
would be worthwhile to do like Vulkan: set TF = linear, primaries =
BT.709, pre-multiplied alpha = yes. These are the things KMS assume
when there is no override (ie, when there is no KMS property saying
otherwise).

[1]: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/dfdutils/blob/5cd41cbdf63e80b00c085c6906a1152709e4c0f2/createdfd.c#L47