[2/4] fbdev: imsttfb: Fix exception handling in imsttfb_probe()

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Wed Jun 7 09:08:32 UTC 2023

> The exception handling was incomplete.
>
> The label “error” was used to jump to another pointer check despite of
> the detail in the implementation of the function “imsttfb_probe”
> that it was determined already that the corresponding variable
> contained a null pointer.
>
> * Thus use more appropriate labels instead.
>
> * Delete two redundant checks.

I noticed that the software evolution was continued with an other change variant.

fbdev: imsttfb: Fix error path of imsttfb_probe()
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fbdev/20230527093901.487483-1-deller@gmx.de/
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/video/fbdev/imsttfb.c?h=v6.4-rc5&id=518ecb6a209f6ff678aeadf9f2bf870c0982ca85

Regards,
Markus