[06/14] drm/ast: Set PCI config before accessing I/O registers

Sui Jingfeng suijingfeng at loongson.cn
Mon Jun 19 08:46:02 UTC 2023

Hi,

On 2023/6/19 16:16, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
> Although cosmetical, I'm not so super-happy about the specs
> disagreeing here:
[...]
> PCI tends to treat status and command as separate 16-bit regs, while
> the AST spec treats it as one 32-bit register.

I don't know this hardware constrain before,

but what's problem if we switch to using pci_read_config_word() function ?

I have tried this function on other platform, no problem.

I will go to test this function on my AST 2400 discrete card again, wait
a while :-).

If there are hardware defect, I don't mind you keep using
pci_read_config_dword().

--
Jingfeng