PROBLEM: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X iGPU - Blinking Issue

Felix Richter judge at felixrichter.tech
Mon May 1 21:00:42 UTC 2023

On 01.05.23 20:47, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 2:44 PM Felix Richter <judge at felixrichter.tech> wrote:

>>> It's related to scatter/gather display.  As a workaround, you can
>>> disable scatter/gather display by setting amd.sg_display=0 on the
>>> kernel command line in grub.  It's fixed properly in:
>>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/agd5f/linux/-/commit/08da182175db4c7f80850354849d95f2670e8cd9
>>> Which should land in Linus' tree this week.
>>>
>>> Alex
>> Thank you for your quick response. Sadly I have to report that using the
>> workaround kernel parameter did not resolve the issue for me. The
>> monitor still
>> turns full white although less frequently. I'll be sure to look out for
>> the update once it hits mainline ;)
> If the module parameter didn't help then perhaps you are seeing some
> other issue.  Can you bisect?
>
> Alex
>
>> Kind regards,
>> Felix
I would like to. I am currently stuck trying to figure out which commits
in the archlinux tree refer to the lts release version. Sadly the
versions are build from different sources. LTS from tarball from
kernel.org and mainline from there own fork of linus tree. So the commit
hashes are different and I can not easily figure out the good commit to
start from.

Kind regards,
Felix

Edit: just noticed I forgot to hit "reply all" and send it to the list …