[RFC 00/33] Add Support for Plane Color Pipeline

Sebastian Wick sebastian.wick at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 12:33:04 UTC 2023

On Tue, Sep 05, 2023 at 02:33:26PM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 14:29:56 +0000
> "Shankar, Uma" <uma.shankar at intel.com> wrote:

Well, clients also issue a bunch of ioctl to set some properties to the
desired state and then you might run through a whole bunch of
configurations to find one that actually works, so there is a case to be
made that there are a lot of ioctls involved.

I just don't think this is an issue right now. Nobody has been
complaining about the ioctls being a limiting factor so why should we
optimize for this? Especially because it brings with it a bunch of
disadvantages.

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment here: this is not something we should
optimize for.