drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Feb 20 11:25:05 UTC 2024

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 at 09:05, Maxime Ripard <mripard at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 09:49:25AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> > This will be mostly transparent to current committers and users: we'll
> > still use dim, in the exact same way, the only change will be the URL of
> > the repo. This will also be transparent to linux-next, since the
> > linux-next branch lives in its own repo and is pushed by dim when
> > pushing a branch.
>
> Actually, I double-checked and linux-next pulls our branches directly,
> so once the transition is over we'll have to notify them too.

cc sfr - once we move the DRM repos to a different location, what's
the best way to update linux-next?

That being said, we could set up read-only pull mirrors in the old
location ... something I want to do in March (because what else are
you going to do on holiday?) is to kill the write repos on kemper
(git.fd.o), move them to being on molly (cgit/anongit.fd.o) only, and
just have a cronjob that regularly pulls from all the gl.fd.o repos,
rather than pushing from GitLab.

Cheers,
Daniel