Linux 6.10-rc1

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Jun 14 16:21:44 UTC 2024

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 at 02:02, Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> wrote:

> If I can get at least basic metric on the gpu (%idle? which process
> use how much time?), it might be feasible. Is there tool similar for
> top?

Let's bring in the actual gpu people.. Dave/Jani/others - does any of
this sound familiar? Pavel says things have gotten much slower in
6.10: "something was very wrong with the performance, likely to do
with graphics"

To bisect it, he'd need some way to judge it reasonably well and
without too much of a bias.

See

   https://lore.kernel.org/all/ZmrTZozoi0t%2Ftuva@duo.ucw.cz/

for the original report.

Thinkpad X220 - which I assume means old intel integrated GPU - at
least one listing I found for that thing is  i5-2430M, with "Intel® HD
Graphics 3000".

                  Linus