[v11 3/7] iio: core: Add new DMABUF interface infrastructure

Paul Cercueil paul at crapouillou.net
Wed Jun 19 11:30:27 UTC 2024

Le mercredi 19 juin 2024 à 13:13 +0200, Markus Elfring a écrit :
> > > Would you dare to transform the remaining goto chain into further
> > > applications
> > > of scope-based resource management?
> >
> > We discussed this after v6 or v7, DRM/DMABUF maintainers were not
> > keen
> > on doing that *just yet*.
>
> * Would you like to add any links for corresponding development
> discussions?

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iio/219abc43b4fdd4a13b307ed2efaa0e6869e68e3f.camel@gmail.com/T/#eefd360069c4261aec9621fafde30924706571c94

(and responses below)

It's more nuanced than I remembered. Christian was OK to add cleanup.h
support to the DMABUF code as long as the examples were updated as
well, but those aren't good candidates as they don't free up the
resources in all code paths.

> * Will the desire grow for further collateral evolution according to
>   affected software components?

Not sure what you mean by that.

Cheers,
-Paul