drm/udl: Implementation of atomic cursor drm_plane

Thomas Zimmermann tzimmermann at suse.de
Mon Jun 24 07:28:29 UTC 2024

Hi

Am 24.06.24 um 09:10 schrieb lukasz.spintzyk at synaptics.com:
> This brings cursor on DisplayLink USB2.0 device on ChromeOS compositor that requires either crtc'c cursor_set callback
> or cursor drm_plane. Patch was tested on ChromeOS and Ubuntu 22.04 with Gnome/Wayland

NAK on this patchset. UDL has no HW cursor support, so we won't
implement this in the driver. Software blending should be done in
userspace, where you have CPU SIMD available.

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas Zimmermann
Graphics Driver Developer
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Frankenstrasse 146, 90461 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman
HRB 36809 (AG Nuernberg)