6.10/bisected/regression - commits bc87d666c05 and 6d4279cb99ac cause appearing green flashing bar on top of screen on Radeon 6900XT and 120Hz

Rodrigo Siqueira Jordao Rodrigo.Siqueira at amd.com
Sat Jun 29 16:46:45 UTC 2024

On 6/28/24 9:19 AM, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 6:45 AM Mikhail Gavrilov
> <mikhail.v.gavrilov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 12:56 PM Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
>> Leemhuis) <regressions at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>>> Hmmm, I might have missed something, but it looks like nothing happened
>>> here since then. What's the status? Is the issue still happening?
>>
>> Yes. Tested on e5b3efbe1ab1.
>>
>> I spotted that the problem disappears after forcing the TV to sleep
>> (activate screensaver <Super> + <L>) and then wake it up by pressing
>> any button and entering a password.
>> Hope this information can't help figure out how to fix it.
>
> @Siqueira, Rodrigo @Mahfooz, Hamza any ideas?
>
> Alex

Hi Mikhail,

I'm trying to reproduce this issue, but until now, I've been unable to
reproduce it. I tried some different scenarios with the following
components:

1. Displays: I tried with one and two displays
  - 4k at 120 - DP && 4k at 60 - HDMI
  - 4k at 244 Oled - DP
2. GPU: 7900XTX
3. OSes:
  - ArchLinux kernel 6.9.6, Gnome (no changes)
  - Ubuntu 22 + latest amd-staging-drm-next + latest firmware, Gnome

Anyway, I could not reproduce the issue with the below components. I may
be missing something that will trigger this bug; in this sense, could
you describe the following:
- The display resolution and refresh rate.
- Are you able to reproduce this issue with DP and HDMI?
- Could you provide the firmware information: sudo cat
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_firmware_info

Also, could you conduct the below tests and report the results:

- Test 1: Just revert the fallback patch (drm/amd/display: Add fallback
configuration for set DRR in DCN10) and see if it solves the issue.
- Test 2: Try the latest amd-staging-drm-next
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/agd5f/linux) and see if the issue is gone.
- Test 3: In the kernel that you see the issue, could you install the
latest firmware and see if it fix the issue? Check:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/firmware P.S.: Don't forget to update
the initramfs or something similar in your system.

Thanks
Siqueira