GLX and Xgl

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Apr 13 14:49:22 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 18:33 +0200, David Reveman wrote:
> I've got GLX and indirect rendering working with Xgl. It's accelerated
> and works fine with Composite. There's of course a lot more work to be
> done but I don't plan on going much further until we're using
> framebuffer objects in Xgl as it would mean adding code that will be
> thrown away later.
>
> The glitz and Xgl code needed to get this working is in pretty good
> shape and it should land in CVS in a few days.

The necessary bits are now in CVS.

To build this you'll need me my previously mentioned patches to
server-side GLX and probably something like the attached patch for
xserver's configure.ac. You might also need to tweak mesa CVS a bit to
make it build. E.g. disable shader objects.

It doesn't work with mesa DRI yet, and some problems with GetProcAddress
when using software mesa. It actually only works OK with nvidia drivers
right now, as far as I know. Only some simple OpenGL applications will
work right now and don't get surprised if some application break the
server completely as client context currently share textures with core
Xgl context and some OpenGL calls that need special treatment are not
yet handled...