EGL_MESA_screen_surface version 5

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:04:21 PDT 2005

On 4/22/05, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> Care to propose new API functions which use EGLScreen instead of integers?

Is this all we need? Plus change the type on screen_number from EGLint
to ELGScreen for the whole API.

  EGLBoolean eglGetScreensMESA(EGLDisplay dpy,
                              EGLScreen *screens, EGLint screens_size,
                              EGLint *num_screens)

Then these are the two error codes for my screen or mode disappearing?

   EGL_BAD_SCREEN_MESA
   EGL_BAD_MODE_MESA

I think we need EGL_BAD_SURFACE_MESA. If a card is yanked it's
surfaces will disappear too.

We'll need to note that screen, mode, surface handles can't be reused.
Once the associated object is deleted the handles will always need to
return EGL_BAD_xx_MESA. This implies that the handles can't be direct
pointers and instead  have to be indices into a look up table.

The way Linux works right now is that higher layer will receive DBUS
events when the available screens/modes change. Embedded systems can
just ignore this.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com